19.6.06

Talan Update


Talan is doing great! He has finally taken his last dose of antibiotics for his ear infection...and thank heavens for that! He was growing increasingly stubborn when it came to taking it.

He is learning new things everyday and now loves to play repetitive games with people. If he does something and gets a laugh, he will keep doing it over and over. So now we really have to watch what we laugh at...

He is getting bigger and smarter all the time. In the mornings is still when he is at his happiest. He is all grins and giggles. He's also starting to become very attached to his mommy. He's always checking for me. If I disappear for very long he starts complaining very loudly. Usually at home, when he hears me say something he's alright for awhile again. He saves his biggest grins for his Daddy, though. As soon as John comes home from work and says "Daddys here!" Talan gets so excited, starts laughing and reaching for him. It's so cute to see.

Talan is just at the beginning of learning to crawl. He can push up off the floor on his hands and knees, but hasn't gotten down the forward motion yet. He usually just lunges, face first, towards the toy he wants.

The other day Talan was taking a nap in his crib and I was walking by with a load of laundry to fold. I heard him talking to himself so I opened the door to get him. He was sitting up! He went from lying on his stomach asleep to sitting up playing. I think he may have used the side of the crib to pull himself up. I guess we have to start putting the sides up when he is in his crib from now on!