5.2.07

Hi, Hello, Huh?

Talans vocabulary is slowly, but surely getting larger. Mostly the words that he can understand is growing as is the need to assert his independence...meaning that he understands what we want when we say "Talan, come here" (for example) but he smiles and runs the other way. He realizes that he has a choice so he tries to control the situation. I'm a little amazed at just how early in life this assertation of independence starts.

Lately he has been saying hi, hello and huh...I guess he likes "H" words. He still says MaMa, DaDa, and NaNa (His aunt Jacqui and our faithful nanny...not sure why he calls her that, though). Sometimes he says yah and no and even uh-oh.

He seems to be taking his time saying words, though. I think it may have something to do with the fact that he doesn't have any trouble communicating (and getting) what it is that he wants/needs.